Contineo is the first industry supported, open messaging network for private banks and wealth management firms to access issuers of structured products such as Barclays, BNP Paribas, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan and Societe Generale.
We are currently looking for an analyst with strong private banking background as well as coordination & startup experience to strengthen the team and support the growth of the company.
Your role will be to support the Head of Operations, Head of IT and Managing Director with project management, research and analysis, report generation, and sales as well as work on independent and collaborative projects with our clients (investment banking side and private banking side).
You will get hands on experience with an early stage financial technology company and work with a dynamic team across multiple industries.
Your role will be to support the team in Project delivery, Business development and Technology tasks including but not limited to:
- Support business engagement build and growth
- Ensuring timely project delivery for the Contineo tools through coordination and monitoring of multiple stakeholders
- Conduct market and industry research and analysis
- Build and deliver report analytics, work on database-linked reports automation
- Produce marketing material , coordinate events and communications to clients & media and manage our social network & website
- Support user acquisition on-site for private banking clients, preferably by drawing on own past experience in private bank
- Work on gathering and analysis of requirements, meeting minutes preparation, keynote/powerpoint presentations, regular status reports, development of business cases and other ad hoc projects
- Assist in IT vendor management and technical research
Academics and experience:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Management, Finance or Engineering, preferably having pursued or pursuing an MBA/CFA or master in computer science or data science
- Minimum 4 years work experience in finance. Preferably in private banking, investment strategy, investment banking or strategy/management consulting for financial institutions. Experience in sales / business development is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Structured Products
- High degree of organisation, strong analytical skills a
- Attention to detail, strong in multitasking and coordination
- Able to fit comfortably within a multi-cultural team and work seamlessly with non-local people
- Must be completely fluent in English (native level written and oral skills)
- Fluency is French is highly appreciated
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to challenge / improve existing process
- Strong business acumen and project management skills
- Independent, mature and well-organized
- Creative, self-motivated and displaying initiative
- Knowledge in Data science
- Use of Bloomberg
- General understanding of SaaS/Cloud based applications
- Willing to learn about distributed / multi tenant complex infrastructure
- Ability to quickly grasp IT technical concepts
- FiX protocol knowledge is a plus
- Mac and MS Office for Mac proficient, Keynote experience a major plus
This is a full-time position and is based in Hong Kong . Some travels (esp. to Singapore) may be part of the job.